Usability Test

For our mid-fi, we used a software called Axure to create an interactive prototype as to how these pages would render between each other. We came up with three main functions for our design. We mapped up a main page function, a explore page and a profile page.

Home Page Search Result Page
Explore Page

However, before moving on into further production, we recruited six users to do usability testing. Based on our usability tests, we found that there were major confusions with our explore interface. We had major problems with our information visualization where the position of the albums were unclear and users did not know how to interpret the relationship between albums. Furthermore, there were major design problems regarding the position of the buttons and that text information was needed to explain for the album itself.

Advertisements